Popular Posts

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Wax Bar Size Comparison of Scentsy, PartyLite, and Better Homes and Gardens

I finally got my hands on a PartyLite wax bar! There was a vendor at the October Fair they had in the next town over. Now I have seen postings about these but I kept thinking they looked small. I do not know why, just to me in the pictures they seemed small.  So when I saw they were nice and big I bought one. The lady was having a special on them also so instead of $5 I only paid $4. I picked out one and brought it home to do a comparison of the sizes. This is not a comparison of the quality as I have not tried it yet. And please, I am not trying to compare Scensty vs Partylite. I could care less if people think they are rivals. I like wax. End of story. :)

Now to begin! This is really fun for me so excuse my overwhelming excitement as I type this!

A Better Homes and Gardens bar can be bought at Walmart. They are 3.2 ounces and have 6 cubes in them. This makes each cube just over 16 grams each. At $2 a bar they are roughly $0.33 a cube.

A Scentsy Bar can be bought from a consultant. I prefer to buy them from a party or a vendor booth as an event to stay away from paying shipping on them. They also contain 3.2 fluid ounces but these bars are divided into 8 cubes. this makes each cube just over 12 grams. One of these bars will cost you $5, making each cube about $0.63.

The PartyLite bars also need to be purchased through a consultant and the ordering process is similar to Scentsy. While the packaging looks much bigger and bulkier, this bar is also just 3.2 fluid ounces. Each bar has 9 cubes in it, which means each cube is a little less than 11 grams. These cost $5 also, so each cube costs about $0.55.

So that is the whole mathematical break down of these 3 types of bars. Many other places carry bars that are similar in shape to the BHG as it is probably the most popular clam shell design. All 3 have the same amount of wax so if you are looking for the best price, go with BHG or Scentsationals which  you can also buy at Walmart. I will not say that by paying $5 for the other bars you are getting better quality because I really believe all waxes can have duds. It is just a matter of the scents that are available vs. what you are looking to buy.

Have you tried PartyLite? I am excited to try my first one!

<3 LUVS!
Jordan Nicole


6 comments:

  1. Walmart tarts are 2.5 oz and the Scentsy bars I've seen are 2.6 oz. I just weighed the wax out of the pack from one of my BH&G and it is indeed 2.5 oz.

    The ignorant Scentsy selling coworker that I have tries to use the number of cubes as a selling point. She says "Well, Scentsy gives you two more cubes," and I point out to anyone who listens that the total weight is only .1oz differnt. The two extra cubes mean nothing because they are SMALLER. Uninformed people don't listen though, or care.

    I'm glad you did this post.
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a person who has sold both PartyLite and Scentsy as well as a person that enjoys a great deal no matter what, I have to disagree with the person who commented above. The weight of the bars is irrelevant. The things that matter most when it comes to cost is how long they last and how nice they smell. I have found that the less expensive and easier to purchase BH&G at Walmart don't last as long - their scent goes away and they tend to start to smell like bad wax after a while. So if ease of purchase is your goal then these are the best for you. As for the PartyLite and Scentsy ones, I have found that the Scentsy ones have a better room filling property. I have warmed both kinds and the Scentsy ones permeate the air better and have a lasting and noticeable scent longer. I have liked the PartyLite scents but have been disappointed when warming them. I feel that everyone needs to try rings for themselves and find what works for them. Thant is my opinion! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comparison is so nice! I love wax melts :) I think the better homes ones are my fav!
    -Jenna <3
    Trying to get to 300 followers! The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd much rather replace cubes more often at 1/3 the price. I've found the scent for BHG to last a couple of days with being left on. I've found the Scentsy ones to last 4-5 days, so I'm still coming out ahead, and can change my fragrance based on my mood more often

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd much rather replace cubes more often at 1/3 the price. I've found the scent for BHG to last a couple of days with being left on. I've found the Scentsy ones to last 4-5 days, so I'm still coming out ahead, and can change my fragrance based on my mood more often

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big wax tart person but I do make candles so I thought I'd mention that every different fragrance oil has a different weight. So for example a dense oil like a vanilla will weigh more in the same volume than a light floral scent. This is most obvious when you order FO because with some the bottle will come only 2/3 'full' because the oil is denser. Also, cheaper FO isn't as fragrant as more expensive. Some of my oils are up to $80 per pound while cheaper oils can be $15 per pound. So, again not saying one kind is better than another, but weight alone shouldn't be the only consideration.

    ReplyDelete