Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Caramel Pear Crisp Review by Scentsy

I had a big moment of weakness last month and placed an order all because of one single bar. This bar. I had not smelled it previously, but I had been told that this was like a fall version of Jumpin' Jellybean from Scentsy. I LOVE Jumpin' Jellybean! It smells like starburst fruit chews if you have never smelled it. It is supposed to be pear, but I get a yummy sweet juicy smell that I cannot resist from it. My husband loves it also. So I had to try this one out right? It's legitimate. Plus it was the scent of the month, so it was 10% off which I used to help condone my wax obsession.

"Perfectly ripe pear and juicy nectarine blanketed in a brown sugar crust and topped with a dollop of warm caramel cream" Mmmmmm my mouth watered waiting for this bar. Here she is! What do I smell??? Jumpin' Jellybean!! Heck yes! Albeit, it is not just Jumpin' Jellybean, the exactly juicy pear scent is clearly mixed in there along with a slight bakery note and a buttery note. Very sweet and tasty smelling. Exactly what I was hoping for!

I melted this in my bedroom warmer. I started with one cube the first day and then added a second cube the second day to give it a kick. This is very similar to Jumpin' Jellybean in that it wears down a little fast for my liking. This is not the most long lasting scent, but for the first few hours it gives a great greeting. After that I am not completely sure if I just get too adjusted to it or what, but it never seems as strong the next day. That is why I added the second cube which is the same method I use with Jumpin' Jellybean. The scent is so nice and buttery. I get the sweetness of the caramel and the juicy pear with warm bread crumbles too.

I really love/hate this bar. Like I said, it doesn't last as long as others, but this scent is just so yummy and I was thrilled to have a fall Jumpin' Jellybean to burn. So, if you have tried (I'll say it one last time) Jumpin' Jellybean and liked it, give this a try! Let me know if you have bettere luck getting a decent scent throw from it.

Have you tried either tart?

<3 LUVS!

Jordan Nicole

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, this does sound yummy!

    I have an annoying coworker who recently started selling Scentsy. I really don't like this woman anyway, but to see how ignorant she is about the world of wax is both aggravating and comical. And it's depressing to see how other coworkers just suck up her half-assed and ridiculous sales pitches because they don't know anything about wax either. *SIGH*

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha see that is my issue with Scentsy is that i find a lot of people are like "scentsy is the only one thats worth it. i only buy scentsy" and clearly they have no idea what they are talking about I rarely buy it. In fact I usually get mine as presents from the family I work for. They have some nice unique scents. But at $5 a bar, I would rather spend that on 2 scentsationals or BHAG. EVERY brand is hit or miss, even scentsy.

      Delete
  2. Exactly. People just don't know. I got into tarts before I'd ever heard of Scentsy. I see it too, so many Scentsy users who are all "Oh, Scentsy is the highest quality, blah blah blah."

    The seller at work tries to point out that Scentsy is designed to have a lower melting point, which makes it absolutely safe, that you can get the wax on you and it won't burn. Ha, I dipped my finger right into my tea light melted wax and felt no pain.

    She also tries to trash Walmart tarts because "Scentsy gives you 2 more cubes." HA! The cubes are smaller, the weights of the packages are nearly identical.

    She tried to diss Partylite tarts that another coworker had by saying "Looks like they use regular candle wax." What??

    Lordee, woman. Give it up already.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biggest difference between WalMart brands and Scentsy is that if you have pets or little kids, they wont get poisoned by the wax, its paraffin, and its soft, where the others dry hard. That's really all. I love the wickless world, such a better way than candles. :)

    R.

    ReplyDelete