Popular Posts

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Grandma Carol's Pistachio Salad Recipe


Grandma Carol's Pistacio Salad


Growing up my Grandma Carol would bring this salad to family gatherings and it was well known with my cousins. We would usually request it of grandma. It is so simple, in fact I have seen a similar recipe on the box of pistacio pudding before. It's easy, most people have probably had it, in fact you probably know it by another name, and it is not a secret recipe by any means. However, it reminds me of my grandma so I wanted to share it. 

You can make this with just 4 ingredients for under $4!



The ingredients are:
1 box of pistacio pudding mix
1 tub of cool whip
1 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple
1 bag of mini marshmallows
Optional pistacio nuts crushed (I didn't use them this day)


The instructions are simple, add it all together! I mix everything but the marshmallows in together then slowly fold the marshmallows about 1/4th of the bag at a time. I also like to save a handfull of marshmallows for the top. If you would like to add the crushed pistacios, you would just mix them in with the first ingredients. 

Let the mixture chill for around an hour. Then it is all ready to take to any family get together! It should be a hit!
I made this on this day for a family get together. They are pretty big deals in my family considering how many people are in our family. To get them all in one place is no small task! I have officially become responsible for bringing Grandma's Pistacio Salad now. I am honored! 

Grandma even gave me the bowl a few years ago. She came to eat a holiday dinner when Grant and I had first moved out and I requested she bring this. She brought in this bowl and told me it was a gift and I could keep it. So it is my bowl for this particular salad. 

You could do this with many different combinations also! Chocolate pudding and a can of cherry pie filling or cheesecake pudding and frozen raspberries. Can you think of any combinations?

Have you ever had this type of salad? What do you call it?

<3 LUVS!

Jordan Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment